1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer is here

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ash010673, May 27, 2004.

1. ash010673

ash010673 Member

Just a quick question , has anyone tried the new sony dual layer burner ? If so how did you find burning dual layer and what was the results ?

Cheers !
    Ash

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I have the new DRU 700A. Double layer media isn't avalible yet. The burner works well using 4X Ritek -R.
    I hope to see the DL media avalible in a week or two, from what I've read thats when it should start showing up.

3. Palmyra

Palmyra Member

What about software? I would think that the normal/current Shrink, X-copy, Nero, etc. would not burn a dual layer backup? Thanks..

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You shouldn't need Shrink unless you want to put a couple of movies on a DL disc. You can set the DVD size if you want to use it though.

I plan to just rip with Decrypter.

Nero 6.3.1.10 supports DL burning.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  5. Denzien

Denzien Regular member

Can you burn an .ISO image to Dual Layer?

6. brian100

brian100 Guest

Fasfrank & Denzion

There may be a minor hiccup problem with just plonking the DVD straight onto dual layer. On both my DVD players (sony & toshiba)the layer change causes a second or so pause, which is infuriating. It is gonna be tricky to avoid this pause if it happens mid sentence, just summat i thought you 2 may think about.

Good luck to the both of yus using it.

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

As long as the burning program supports DL and iso images... I think Nero can do that. Haven't really checked into it.

I suppose the layer break could be handled if you can somhow place it at the end of a scene.... if you had the space towards the end of the disc. I don't know how that is going to work. It may be something that can't be adjusted. I guess I'm gonna find out!