1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer Issues

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Javakiko, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

I backed up the region 1 single layer of Armaggeddon onto a dual layer disc, it all seemed ok till it got to the layer transition (chapter 13/14) when playing back the disc. It all pixelated badly and hung for a while, when i skipped to the next chapter, it carried on playing to the end of of the credits without any other problems. I used DVD-Decrypter to read and write back the data. Anyone got any thoughts?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Javakiko

2. killalot

killalot Active member

Next time burn your dvd!s with Nero 6 and select verify the disk after the burn never been wrong yet always right when it says verify failed the so disk skiped half way through ok.......

3. Bfett1

Bfett1 Member

I have had the same issues with Harmagedon and Macross 2. Data verification comes back fine, but my Sony DVD player does not play them back correctly. However, my plextor drive that burned it plays back perfectly.

I am wondering if there is some proprietary elements added into the burning that Sony does not support??

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You could just use a single layer DVDR to back up the single layer Armageddon. It's a lot cheaper that way too.

5. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

I know it was just the nearest dvd i had to hand to be honest!!!

I've since used slightly different methods with good success tho.