1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by driz86, Mar 12, 2005.

1. driz86

driz86 Member

When burning to a dual layer disk, will the data be written to both sides of the disk? If this is the case, I'm guessing any kind of labeling is out of the question. correct?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You are reffering to a flipper(dvd10, dvd18). This is a disc with the ability to store data on each side of the disc. I usually write on the center ring where the hub spins it. Dual layer(DVD9) is a disc with 2 layers of data on one side like most dvd videos. You can also have dual layers flippers(dvd18) which hold 4 layers of data. I know of people who put labels on the center of their flippers, but I don't like to. The glue may warm up and spread to the center and gum up your drive. Like I said, I usually just use a disc marker and write on the center ring instead.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  3. driz86

driz86 Member

Oh ok, thanks. thats good to know. I wonder if there is printable dual layer disks out yet, that will be cool if they aren't already available.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Don't hold your breath. There's not much DL media to chose from right now. I'm still waiting for the price to go down. With HD-DVD and BluRay on the horizon, who knows what I'll be buying by the end of the year.