1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual layer

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by 3dogs, Apr 23, 2005.

1. 3dogs

3dogs Guest

can a PS2 read DL+R,tryin to back up GOD OF WAR

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

3. 3dogs

3dogs Guest

That doesn't answer my ?

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You can back up this game to a DL disc. The thing is, it is a very involed process for this partucular game. [bold]Run A Search![/bold]

5. 3dogs

3dogs Guest

can a PS2 read a dual layer(+)R. that is my ?

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Maybe? A buddy of mine has backed up a few ps2 games on dual layer discs and had no trouble using his NEC-2520.

However,some ps2's will not even play some +r's or -r's,As i have found out from another buddy. His ps2 is the first drive,including 4 pc's,5 ps2's,and 20 + stand alones,that couldn't play either format off my benq's. I even booktype my +r media to Dvd-rom and it still couldn't read it.
    There's so many versions of ps2's that it's hard to tell.Also,every burner is different. This means some burners have better compatability than others on the same stand alones,as I have found out.

I don't know if this will help you out,but any dvd backup may have trouble in certain stand alones,including ps2's, while others will play everything.