1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by OmriSama, Jun 4, 2007.

1. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well, now i got a crystal chip, meaning i could play DVD9 games now. However, my burner does not support DVD-R DL altough it does support DVD+R DL. So should i use DVD+R DL on my fat PS2 V5/V6?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

as long as your chip supports DVD+R DL
    And that you use Toxic DL Patcher to patch the game before you burn it.

Media types supported:

CD-ROM / DVD-ROM / DVD-ROM 9 / *CD-R / *CD-RW / *DVD-R / **DVD-RW / **DVD+RW

*note: These medias are supported ONLY if your PS2 can read them in the first place. These medias are listed only for completeness and due to the fact that Crystal Chip removes the additional checks for some of these medias which were added in v8 and higher consoles.

**note: These medias require the additional "F" write to be attached on v8 and higher consoles.

3. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well i have a fat v5/v6 ps2 (thank god) and i've only been using DVD-Rs to burn DVD5 games. So that's what i've been asking if i shoulda used DVDDL+R to burn dual layer games.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

i would try it and see. I know that my chip ONLY supports DVD+R DL and not any DVD-R DL. Just make sure you patch it or it will not play a dual layer back up. Only the DMS4 Pro SE can play them without patching, and they are the one's who make the Toxic DL Patcher program to allow other chips to play DVD9 back ups.
    http://www.teamtoxic.com.cn/

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  5. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well, i just saw that boot manager has this option of DVD+R Dual Layer Patcher. Does that mean i don't have to patch it? and if i use DVD+R DL does that mean i have to booktype it?