1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual layered apps

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tiger_man, Dec 29, 2003.

1. tiger_man

tiger_man Guest

I am interested in burning dual layered dvd's, the question is what app does this and where do you get dual layered dvd's. I have not seen any for sale.

My not so old pioneer 104 died on me very abruptly so i have sent off for an Asus +/- burner. It is supposed to do dual layered dvd's

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Not Possible, There are No such thing as Dual Layered DVD Writers and no Such thing as Dual Layered Burnable DVD"s, Well not for the Public and not at this Time but it is in Developement...Cheers

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

The Asus you mention will be [bold]dual format[/bold] and not dual layer (compatible) burner...

As Minion mentioned , the dual layer writers are in development but I'd imagine the technology (when it comes out) to be very pricey.
    I'd be surprised if there wasn't more court cases just before release of such hardware aswell , cos it will then (obviously) be possible to do exact 1:1 copies ;-)

I have a Pioneer 104 and hope I don't experience the same abrupt ceasing of said writer , but if it was to suddendly go on me I'd buy a Pioneer 106 (dual format) for £85.
    I like to strip movies to the bare bones anyway so menu & extras hold no value for me. Better to have quality video IMHO__X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    I give you all these seed bearing plants & 'erbs to use...[/small]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2003
  4. tiger_man

tiger_man Guest

Thanks guys your right i miss read the blurb "Supports Single/Dual layer discs". Got carried away there lol.

herbsman mate, i hope yours dont fail as well. I may well have got a 106 but i have been told the new 107 is due out in Jan 04 at about £100.00 but i cannot wait that long.
    I fancied something different, i have never had a CD type drive fail at all so fore the Pioneer one to drop dead like that put me off a bit.
    I am going to look for a firmware upgrade for it, you never know. If it works i will put it in my server

5. herbsman

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  6. tiger_man

tiger_man Guest

Cheers mate will go for a look at thoses two links. You have a good new year to

7. smg

smg Regular member

herbs?
    Glad to see you are still alive and as usual helping the less fortunately pc inclined.
    Have a Happy New Year Buddy.
    smg

8. herbsman

thnx mate

here's hoping it'll be a good'n (of a New Year) for you too ;-)

P.S. Yeah , still helping out if I can.