1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual layered media query

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by andmerr, Aug 9, 2004.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi guys,
    just purchased a new LG 12x dual layered burner and was wondering which media is going to be the one to use.I see 8x plus discs are available what about the -r discs.I can use either as this is plus and minus .

Thanks in advance

andmerr

2. john179

john179 Active member

You should be able to use both and although i normally use the minus media i have been getting better results with plus media with the 8 speed disc's.Although the 8 speed single layer media is on the market i do not believe the media is as reliable as the 4 speed at present.The 4 speed has been around along time now and is now well established but this was the same as when they introduced it along side 2 speed.The media will get better over the comming months and then start all over again with the DL media.
    John179

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks john for the info but can you tell me if verbatim dvd + r DL discs are any good.Got one with my burner.

4. john179

john179 Active member

Even though i have a DL writer i have not tried any DL media yet due to price and availability.Please let me know when you try it how you find it.
    Thanks
    John179.

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

cool john, even i was staggered to find that the media was about $20 australian but these verbatim cost me about $12

6. scottzhai

scottzhai Member

7. ntjones

ntjones Member

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks for the links guys

9. john179

john179 Active member

Thanks