1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layered Movies

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by smg, May 10, 2003.

1. smg

smg Regular member

Is it possible to rip and burn dual layer dvds using just DVDCrypter and StompRecordNowMax and A05 Burner? I have only found 1 reference to dual layers in this whole forums
    (Newbie included) and it was in the newbie forums that a couple of people said it was impossible. If it is possible, but with other software, what else would I need? Also, what difference is there that would have to be employed in ripping a dual layered movie different from just a single layer one? Thanks in advance for any help offered. Herbsman? If you're out there I hope you see this thread and give me your opinion.

2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

Don't know about Decrypter but I use DVD Shrink - no problem putting a dual layer onto one disc and easy to use, and free. I also use Nero to burn the files.

3. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

as of yet blank dvd+-r's are only able to fit about 4.36 GB of data on them, which is just a single layered dvd, to fit a double layered dvd either get dvd shrink(see http;//www.doom9.org fo a guide) or get dvd2one, I personally think dvd2one is better but it is not free and requires a ripper and burner, whereas dvd shrink is free, and only requires a burner(i think) if you are very new to this then go to the site mentioned and try dvd shrink. its free so you've got nothing to loose.