1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Monitor...Help!

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by neptune13, Mar 2, 2004.

1. neptune13

neptune13 Guest

I have a Radeon 9600 video card, it will suport dual monitors, I currently have 2 identical brand monitors (Dell 770e..i think), nevetheless, what type of converter or cable do I need. I have scoured the net for a solutoion but only see this Y-See2 or something like that...for 65$ I think not. Is there a cheaper alternative cable or converter? Thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

The Radeon9600 shuld have come woith a simple DVI->VGA convertor if ATI was genrous hehe.... one end looks like a normal vga out and the other end looks like.... well... a mess :p

3. neptune13

neptune13 Guest

sorry, the generosity has yet to be found no matter how deep i dug into the box it came in, although i did get one from class the other day, but i believe it is just a mere s-vidio cable....BLAST! quite worthless with what I am trying to achieve.......or is it?

4. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

I believe that you will need to purchase the DVI->VGA converter in order to have dual VGA monitors. I have the ATI Radeon 9600XT DDR256MB hooked up w/ a monitor (VGA) and TV(S-Video). The S-Video is if you want to use the TV and monitor at the same time.