1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Processor specs?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Cooly0, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Cooly0

Cooly0 Member

I currently Run
    2 1 GHz P3's
    Crucial 256MB ECC Registered
    2 200 GB WD's In Striped Raid
    2 80 GB WD's In Striped Raid
    And a 60GB WD.
    A MSI Via Pro266TD Master-LR Board

I am having performance problems. I run Gotcha for a security Surveillance camera, and it records when it detects motion and saves to any codec in .avi format. I've used 3ivx to compress video, I've used also uncompressed frames even. Well, I let this run over night and I use DVD2Divx to rip and do a intial Encoding of a movie(In 3ivx) and wave file(I've tried coping the vob's to one of my drives first instead of just from the disk/ showed minor increase (at about 10-13fps)). Well If they both run and Gotcha start's recording they take fun processing power of both processors; And when DVD2Divx is finished it has audio that is distorted in some places which causes their to become time delays. (P.S. I have set affinity for gotcha)

My Idea's:

1. Im looking at getting another stick of crucial to possibly help. But memory doesn't look like a problem.

2.Switch out memory and Get 512MB crucial ECC non-registered/non-Parity. Dont know if that would provide much of a power boost.

3. Possibly another motherboard? Any Suggestions as for another Dual p3 mobo with DDR?

4. Or New motherboard Processor memory setup. I would want Dual Processors and DDR of course. But would like the Processor's/Motherboard setup to cost around 200-300 if possible.

5. Am I asking one machine to do too much?

Thanks for any help

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

I have responded on the OTHER thread you started with exactly the same question:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/77907

Please could you read the forum rules, and try to refrain from making duplicate posts / cross-posting.

Byeeee....