1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DualShock2 Adaptor on PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by MastaDave, Aug 29, 2007.

1. MastaDave

MastaDave Member

hi,

i want to buy an adaptor so I can use my old ps2 controllers on my PC but also on my PS3.

i found one, Super Joy Box 5 Pro, that sounds good because i can put 4 controllers at the same time.

the problem is, that it says it is compatible on PC, but i don't know if it works also in PS3.

can anyone help me? thx!

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Use the sixaxis hack to use the ps3 controller on your pc. Why do you want to use a ps2 controller on ps3? You still wont have vibration from what I've heard. Go to gamestop and ask for the nyco adapter for ps3 that will work for your ps2 controller.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  3. MastaDave

MastaDave Member

first because i don't like to pay 50€ for a controller after paying 600€ for the console

second because for some games i preferer the DS2 better thant the SIXAXIS. those L2 and R2 buttons are quite annoying for some games.

i already use my ps3 controller on my pc, but since i don't have the SIXAXIS function on the pc, i prefer my DS2. and i will have the rumble function on the pc.

4. vegasNERD

vegasNERD Guest

I've bought a Pelican for my PS2 controller coz this PS1 game wouldn't play on my PS3. It was rhythm based, so I thought using a PS2 (non wireless) controller would help....not only did it not help on that game and not rumble for PS2 games, my Midnight Club 3 wouldn't start with a sixaxis. I found a way around it, but at least I can use the PS2 controller/ Pelican in the USB drive of my laptop. If you have a Nester emulator, it's compatible