1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dud or no dud

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nag, Nov 10, 2003.

1. nag

nag Guest

I recently backed up Grand Theft Auto Vice City and loaded up perfectly on my ps2. Looking forward to kicking some serious ass, it was replaced with frustration when the game hung. Reloaded again but same issue. Running around the street works but problem occurs only when I try getting into a car (can u play the game without ever driving a car??). So, the question is whether my backup will be joining the long line of coasters ....

Incidently, I burnt it on a Verbatim DVD-r (which has been working beautifully for my other backups) using Pioneer A06.

2. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

i have a similar problem when playing my backup of gta vc but it only happens after about an hour or two of game time. it's strange that it locks up when you enter a car... of course you could play the game without getting into a car... but that kind of defeats the purpose. try a motorcylce... lol... if it doesn't lock then there ya go. to try and fix the problem, make sure that the original doesn't have any deep scratches or fingerprints and try burning it again with alcohol 120 or nero... burn at 1x see if that works. what mod are you using? fliptop w/ smd? a chip? what program are you using to backup games?

3. nag

nag Guest

well... the original DVD is pretty dodgy with fingerprints and scratches. I use Nero and play on a modded ps2 v4/gameshark.

nice thought on using a motorbike. didn't think about that.

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

there's some missions where you have to use a car isn't there?

5. grechy

grechy Guest

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life, but I have had the same problem..I think its to do with the laser having to work so hard. I'm gonna try and burn the game on a verbatim +R which I haven't had any problems with. I've used 2 princos and a melody..both miserable failures.

Small scratches or even fingerprints can lock a game, so keeping the discs neat is important.