1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duel Layer Burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bowboy, Jan 17, 2007.

1. bowboy

bowboy Member

I am new to duel layer burning. Please can anyone tell how it works. Can I burn duel layer, with DVD Srink.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can use DVD Decrypter to do a copy of your Dual-Layer movies.

Below is a link to the program and I added a little guide to help you out.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVD_Decrypter/1011845169/1

You might want to run AnyDVD in the background while ripping the movie to your HDD with DVD Decrypter. This will help with any encryption that DVD Decrypter needs help with.

The first step is to rip the DVD to the Hard Drive. Start AnyDVD and then Start DVD Decrypter. You are going to rip the DVD to your HDD in ISO format so you will choose MODE/ISO/READ follow the below image...

[​IMG]

Now it is time to burn the ISO image to a dual layer disc.

Start off by setting the option for DVD Decrypter to Calculate Optimal setting for the layer break...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it is time to burn the DVD after you set up the layer break. Do this by doing MODE/ISO/WRITE (Make sure you choose the Source Folder so you can select the ISO file that DVD Decrypter just riped to the Hard Drive)

[​IMG]

Hope this works for you.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  3. bowboy

bowboy Member

Larrylje
    Thanks for a quick response, and the infor. I will try it and let you know how I get on. Also can you tell me when I sould need to use duel layer disc. IE can I copy 2 dvds to one duel layer disc. Sorry but I said I was new to duel layer burning. Once again the you.