1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumb question? VHSStandalone computer

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by lonesome, Apr 7, 2005.

1. lonesome

lonesome Member

Hi-
    I have a couple of quick questions so that you guys can get me on the right track.If I get a standalone recorder (lite-on 5002), once I have recorded my VHS tapes to DVD on it, can I make copies of that disc with my computer DVD burner/software? Some of this stuff is music related that I would like to trade and I need it to be compatable with everyone else.

I have been using my computer to capture my old VHS stuff
    (non copywrited) to my hard drive to burn to DVD.
    I've had nothing but problems. I keep getting digi sounding pops throughout everything I do. Is the standalone the simplest way to do accomplish this.

Also...I got intervideo windvd on my computer when I bought it.
    They would not give me any support due to the fact that it came bundled on my computer. Im not that impressed with it anyway.
    What is the favorite for authoring on the list...
    I would like to make professional looking menus..
    Thanx in advance for your help !!
    Dave

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Just a couple of quesions huh? :)

Yes.
    Yes.
    I use DVDLab Pro and nothing else. There are other packages, but none that have the features, for the price.

3. pfh

pfh Guest

I second what reboot says.
    Try out Dvd Lab 30 day free. You don't have to go with the Pro version to start with but upgrade to pro later. The creators of Dvd Lab even suggest to do this.
    Check it out, I think you'll like the results.