1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumping UMD Iso question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Angelusz, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Angelusz

Angelusz Member

Hey again! I'm learning a lot from this site today, I've already upgraded my PsP from 3.10OE-A to 3.80 M33-2 !!!

Now, I'd like to learn how to dump UMD Iso's. I've got a few UMD's I'd like to turn into ISO files for easier storage. I've downloaded this (http://dax.st/umddaxdumper02.zip) UMD Dax Dumper Beta from dark alex' site. Problem is that when I run it, it sais "The game could not be started. (8002014C)"

Has anyone had this problem before? Help is much appreciated!

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

First, delete D_A's beta dumper. It's old homebrew and outdated. All you have to do it put the UMD into the disc drive. Now connect a USB cable to your PSP. Now, when you're at the XMB (the main menu), press SELECT. Scroll down to USB Mode: Memory Stick. Press cross (the x button), until it changes to USB Mode: UMD. Now connect the USB cable to your computer and go into USB Mode. Just copy and paste. Dada!! There's the game in ISO format. Please note that all games will be named ISO9696.ISO (or something similar) and you should rename it.

3. Angelusz

Angelusz Member

WHOA! You sir, are awesome! Thanks! Man, the people who made this CFW really thought of anything, exciting! ^^

4. rcmbjr

rcmbjr Member

THIS IS NOT QUITE CLEAR: on the XMB(main menu) press SELECT. Scroll down to USB Mode: Memory Stick. (how can you go to usb mode if usb cable is not connected to the PC yet? only USB connection is the option) (How will you go to USBmode: memory stick? Is there an option named "USB Mode: Memory stick" ?)( what i know is "memory stick" is found only on photo, music, videos and where the ISO folder is) Press cross (the x button), until it changes to USB Mode: UMD. Now connect the USB cable to your computer and go into USB Mode. Just copy and paste. Dada!! There's the game in ISO format. Please note that all games will be named ISO9696.ISO (or something similar) and you should rename it.

5. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

When you press the SELECT button on your XMB (3.52 M33 and above), the "VSH" menu will show up, on this menu there will be an option to change the "USB Mode:". When you change this to "UMD" and connect your PSP to a computer, it will read from the UMD drive, not the Memory Stick.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  6. psp_n0ob

psp_n0ob Regular member

when you press the select button while in xmb it will bring up a menu called the vsh menu. that is where you need to change from memory stick to umd. after you get out of that menu then you go to usb mode using your normal psp menu and that is where you drag your iso onto your computer if you have your psp infront of you, it really is pretty simple.

7. rcmbjr

rcmbjr Member

I'm using 3.90 M33-2 firmware ... on the xmb menu or main menu when i press SELECT, nothing happens...I tried holding the select button and nothing happens also....thanks

8. rickem

rickem Regular member

go into recovery mode (hold the power button off till the lights go out) then power on while holding the R trigger, goto configuration and change "use VSH menu" to enabled.

9. rcmbjr

rcmbjr Member

Hi rickem...Thanks a LOT!!! it works!!! Damn for me being a newbie...only had my psp for a week!!!! thanks !!!