1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duo 2 modcip installation problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by allenjw84, Dec 10, 2004.

1. allenjw84

allenjw84 Member

I just installed a Duo 2 in my Playstation 2, and my reset and eject buttons are not working properly. When I turn on the power switch, the reset button turns red, but if I press it the reset button, the PS2 doesn’t start up. When I press the eject button, the PS2 starts up and the CD tray comes out, but when I press the eject button again, the CD tray will not close. I can manually close the CD tray, but the game will not load. I can still access the PS2 menu and can look around on the memory card, but that is about it. I wonder if I have damaged the ribbon calbe that runs from my switches to the motherboard? I am also wondering it there is any way to check to see if all my solder points are correctly soldered.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

from what you post would recomend that you check the eject/reset ribbon is inserted properly and that you have not damaged it

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  3. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Make sure none of your points have bridged (touching eachother) if not try reinstalling the chip.

4. allenjw84

allenjw84 Member

Thanks for the help, but shortly after I posted this message, I took my PS2 back apart and resoldered some points and made sure the switch cable was fully in (I don't think it was). My PS2 works now, but is there any way to tell if the chip is installed correctly without a back-up game?

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the only way i know of to test if the chip is working is by booting a backup