1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

duo 2 v7/v8

Discussion in 'PS2' started by krzleb, Nov 29, 2004.

1. krzleb

krzleb Member

hi...
    ive got a duo 2 v7/v8 mod chip and just about to start installing this chip...after revealing the board of the ps2 and checked out the installation page this ---> http://www.covetime.com/modshop/images/duo2_v7.jpg

i have am very weary about the soldering on number 3....look at it how is it possible to solder on to those little stirps that link that chip to the board....

who has done this and how did you do it...do you think its worth the worry just to not experience and just get someone to do it for you????

ive got a soldering iron a very good one actually but forget about what number 3 box is needing....i'd k.o it...

also what wire would you use...??? i got some electrical wire from bunnings which is 1mm thick...is this badd??? when i looked at number box 3 how the hell would you do it with a 1mm cable ???

help...
    p.s THANX in advance :)

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have done those points quite a few times and you can quite easily bridge the bios pins if your not carefull but it is fairly easy if you have a fine point soldering iron(reccomend 15w max) and use flux but if you don't feel confident enough to attemp it get someone else to do it, if you do attempt it and bridge some points you can de-solder the wires and usualy you will be able to remove the excess solder with some de-soldering braid