1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duo 3 Gold Disk Read Error v7

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by bunklog, May 28, 2007.

1. bunklog

bunklog Member

I installed a chip and got a blank screen so I replaced it with a new chip and resoldered the connections. Now it boots but it won't read disks, I tried with two different DVD drives that worked fine before.

any ideas?

2. ming1988

ming1988 Member

check all your wires and solder joints

3. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

if you get the message "disk read error" you probly unaligned the laser while taking it apart. If u get the message no data then its probly the chip.

4. bunklog

bunklog Member

Edit

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  5. bunklog

bunklog Member

completely rewired the duo again last night, same result the drive spins up 3 times and then nothing?
    Its definatly disk read error cause it wont even boot originals and ive already tried another dvd drive before but with same outcome ive also tried another chip from the first time I tried to mod the ps2 and it would only boot up to a black screen swapped chips and now it wont read anything, do you know what points I should be looking at?