1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duo 3 gold help plz

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by riddick_d, May 10, 2007.

1. riddick_d

riddick_d Member

Hey people I ordered a duo 3 mod chip and put it in my self and everything was soldered in right but when I turned it on the little light thing stoped moving and when I hold down start it would come up and say disable but when I put back ups in they wont start it would go to a red screen and say please insert a ps2 format disk in I don't know what the problem is but if there is anyone who is going threw the same thing and found a solution to the problem or if anyone knows what the problem might be please help me out it's the duo 3 gold and ps2 version 7

2. haivtct3

haivtct3 Member

I'd had the same problem as yours, but I fixed that and it works perfectly now.

This is how I fixed: I put the wires more neatly and used digital volt meter to check the connection. I soldered one more ground wire at diffirent position(like the instruction), then it worked.
    Try it. Good Luck.

3. riddick_d

riddick_d Member

Hey Im still kinda confused i dont want to sound like im stupid or anything i just want to make sure i got it right you think you can take a pic of yours and how you hooked it up and send post it on here plz thanks.

4. haivtct3

haivtct3 Member

Sorry, I'm not an modchip expert. I just mod only one console and got the issue. I read the instruction to find the problem.
    First: I check all of the connection.
    Second: I arrange the wires like in the instruction.
    When everything was fine(I thought it's not the reason), I soldered an alternative ground (follow the instruction).
    this is the instruction and diagrams:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V1F1X01Y
    Download and read carefully. I hope it'll work.