1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duo 3 Gold or Matrix Infinity?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by MMD, Apr 27, 2007.

1. MMD

MMD Member

I'm getting ready to order my first modchip (actually, I'm going to buy a pre-mod). The Duo 3 Gold was recommended as maybe being the best chip for me. I really only need a chip that plays PS2 imports abd backup discs. I probably don't need a chip with all the advanced features. On the other hand, I'd prefer to buy a high-end chip.

Basically, I want the most reliable, stable chip possible. Any reason to consider saving a few dollars with the Duo Gold?

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

if all you want to do is play PS2 imports and backups then the DUO is probly ur best option

3. steimy

steimy Active member

ok, you have 3 real choices
    1. Duo 3 gold- a basic stable chip that will do all your basic functions
    2. Matrix Infinity Green Dot- which is also very stable and will do the basics and some higher end function.
    3. Crystal Chip V2.0- Like the matrix chip it is a higher end chip in the same price range. BUt i think it has more available functions in it's firmware.

See the thing is that all of them will work, but with the Crystal chip you have some functions that you may decide you want down the road. Like the ability to play back up games online without having to manually patch them, or the ability to run an internal hard drive( older fat models ), or to load ELF files (homebrew application ) like media players or FTP file transfer programs. If you have the money you might as well get the best you can.

And if you do not mind me asking, where do you plan on buying it and what are they asking for their premods? I know a place here in the USA that has all the chips mentioned and sells premodds at a good price, plus they stand behind their work and have great customer service.