1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duo X2 Problems...What did I do???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Rager165, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Rager165

Rager165 Member

Situation: I had a working Xbox, attempted to put in a Duo X2 modchip using the wire solder method. Had everything in and put back together, when I pushed power...nothing. The only thing that happened was the little fan in the middle spun about half way around. I checked the wires and solder and they looked good, so I decided to take the chip out. Once again nothing happened except the little fan moved half way around again. When I push power or eject over and over, all I get is the little fan moving. I know when I put the chip in the D0 wire was a bitch and I am wondering if I did something messing around with it.

Any help would be appreciated. The xbox is a V1.0
    Thanks

2. 360OwNeR

360OwNeR Member

just scratch around the d0 point but make sure not to inturrupt any tracks..

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

sounds like burned traces or something thats causing the board to get power and then not keep it. do you have solder that might be touching the metal on the inside of your xbox?