1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duo2, problems playing backups.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shifty, Sep 23, 2004.

1. shifty

shifty Member

Hi, i've installed a duo 2 modchip in my v5 ps2, I also had to put a new khs400r laser in it because it wouldn't read any disks. But the problem is that it only loads ps2 original games and dvd films. It does not load any ps2 backups and any ps1 games. Have tried the different boot methods but still no look. So what do you guys think, could this be the laser or the modchip problem. Cheers.

2. ronw1975

ronw1975 Guest

you state that you had to put a new laser in because it wouldnt read any games. I assume the laser was working fine for ps2 games beforehand? Do you know what caused the laser to go bad after the install. Just wondering why it would do that. If i was you, I would tweak the new laser by adjusting the pots. Theres site out there i'm sure you can find, that shows you how to do this. I have to do this myself. As I installed a duo2se chip and now laser cannot read anything. (If it is a laser prob) Anyway, get back with me and let me know how it goes. I'll try and post a link of the site to adjust laser pots as soon as I find it.