1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duo2-SE questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Koran69, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Koran69

Koran69 Member

I haven't installed my Mod-chip yet because I have some questions before I do so. I bought a PS2 version 1 I believe (not sure yet) off ebay and it will not read any of my back-up copied DVD movies, the movies are on TDK DVD-R media I get a Disc Read Error when trying to read them. Also I have a back-up copy of a ps2 game on some cheap-o media which I would assume it would give me a "Please insert Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc" but instead it gives me the disc read error. Another thing I should add is that it plays all my original games fine, loads them everything. So to get to my question here am I getting these errors because of the lens, or is it something to do with the bios and or firmware? Or could it be my media possibly? Another question I have is that if I install the mod-chip properly will it override these problems and magicaly work? or am I screwed and I just need a newer version PS2 off ebay and sell this one again?

Thank You

PS when i bought it, it had a Disc Read Error which i fixed, could this also be the cause of it?

2. Koran69

Koran69 Member

one more thing I did clean and adjust the lens, but i didn't replace it with a new one.

3. Koran69

Koran69 Member

sorry one last post i found out that it is a version 4, so that rules out the possiblity of it being firmware or the bios hmmmm.... lens out of whack still?