1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

duo3 *modchip experts please*

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by BIGnewb, Mar 22, 2007.

1. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

hi i am currently an owner of swap magic so i dont know much about modchips.my friend is going next week to get his ps2 modded.to have a duo3 modchip installed it will cost him 50 dollars canadian(around 40 bucks american).anyways is this a good price?and on the shop's website it says that it plays most backups online.now i like to play online so i need this option.did anyone ever have a problem with their duo3 ps2 modchip?thanks!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Duo3 is a solid chip, the newest version is the Duo3 Gold. Which is what i suggest that your friend gets as it is only $20 US for the chip. As far as online play you can do that with pretty much any chip, but you have to manually patch the back up game with the original games DNAS. Or spend the extra and get a Crystal Chip V2.0 which will auto patch back ups for online play.
    The Duo3 just lacks some of the higher end functions and is not upgradable like some of the better chips (DMS4 Pro SE, Crystal Chip V2.0 or Matrix Infinity dot)

3. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

well i know how to manually patch so i'll do it for him.thanks for the great help.