1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Tracks

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jajansen, Jan 9, 2008.

1. jajansen

jajansen Member

I have just started copying my DVDs onto my hard disk. I only want to copy the main movie, not all the extra pieces. Using DVD Shrink I notice that with some of my DVDs appear to have 2 identical tracks for the main movie. When I look at them in the small preview window they look the same. What is the difference? Will I be in trouble if I only select the first one? Thanks.

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

It usually means that one title is in the regular screen format (4:3) and the other is in the widescreen format (16:9), either choice will do, it's upto you.

Note: sometimes several titles could also represent different angle shots for certain scenes in the movie.

3. jajansen

jajansen Member

I saw a comment about angle somewhere else. What does that mean. If I copy one track only do I lose something if they are different angles (whatever that means)?

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Yes, u lose the view from a different angle

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@jajansen

The only thing you lose is a different perspective of a shot or scene in the movie. Just think of it as looking at something happen from one spot then seeing the same thing happen from a different spot or area, you didn't lose or miss anything, you just had a different view of it.