1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

during playback special features dont play.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by PRINCEZZA, Apr 24, 2004.

1. PRINCEZZA

PRINCEZZA Member

I have tried to play the shrek dvd and the haunted house dvd on my pc........it plays......however the dvd-rom extras that come in the dvd movie dont play.
    i use powerdvd5........can someone help me on how i can view the dvd-rom extras on my power dvd?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I have heard of cases where you must install that blasted thing that autostarts with the DVD in order to access that extra stuff... dunno how true they are (and I wouldnt install that crap--cuz you can never get rid of the damn thing) but it might be something less severe like checking up on your ASPI

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

The DVD specification is complex and open to interpretation. DVD-Video title authoring is also very complex. As with any new technology, there are compatibility problems. The DVD-Video standard has not changed substantially since it was finalized in 1996, but many players don't properly support it. Discs have become more complex as authoring tools improve, so recent discs often uncover engineering flaws in players. Some discs behave strangely or won't play at all in certain players. In some cases, manufacturers can fix the problem with an upgrade to the player. In other cases, disc producers need to reauthor the title to correct an authoring problem or to work around a player defect.

Some players, especially cheaper models, don't properly play all discs. Before buying a player, you may want to test it with a few complex discs such as The Matrix, The Abyss, Shrek, Independence Day, and DVD Demystified. These are a few of the complicated ones.

Check and see if you have the latest firmware for your DVD drive, and also check your ASPI drivers. Since you have a PC-DVD drive you should be able to find a fix for this..

Hope this helps

Matt

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004