1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by phrogman, May 4, 2005.

1. phrogman

phrogman Member

New to this DVD stuff. I have a Sony TRV 350 cam and want to burn the home movies to DVD. The software it came with is poor. Im not looking to do anything fancy just want to convert the stuff on tape to a DVD that will be able to play in DVD player. Need somthing simple to use. I have a P4 933mhz 1/2 gig ram and xp pro.

TIA

2. dastott

dastott Member

I use DVIO (free software!) to download the video from DV cassette to PC. It does a great job and is very simple and light on CPU. Then I use Pinnacle Studio 9. It has received mixed reports on here but it's simple to use and I have been impressed with the features. My holiday DVDs look almost professional with this software (not my words either!).

3. memento56

memento56 Member

Capturing and editing the video clips is the easy bit ... creating DVD menus that work is the hard part ... there are free/low cost progs around, but I think you need to look at a Pinnacle Studio (which I use, despite its recurrent audio-sync issues) or the Ulead equivalent ... beware that many high-end packges (e.g. Premiere) do not do DVD menuing within the app, you need to buy more software ...

And use Nero to burn them ... not the app.

Good luck, and don't trust magazine reviews, they mostly get it all wrong.