1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV to SVCD movie lenght doubles in dvd player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dmitry, Oct 12, 2002.

1. dmitry

dmitry Member

If anybody can shed some light on this issue it would be of great help. I go from a DV recorded movie to SVCD I’ve used all the popular programs like Ulead, Temgenc, Adobe, LSX-MPEG ect.. every time the issue is the same- once encoded the mpeg is fine the quality is good the sound is in sync all nice and ready to go, when I put it in to a dvd player the length of the video displayed on the dvd player doubles, when you play the movie it looks like every thing went to %^$@, the sound cuts in and out the video dose the same but not at the same time, the only way you can actually watch the video is if you fast forward and that makes the video look like it’s suppose to and the sound stops cutting out but both are way out of sync. PLEASE HELP, I’ve spent countless hours and ½ a spindle of cdrs experimenting the quality differs but the end result is the same, all the encoded mpeg are to specs to what an svcd should be, the only thing that I think might be a problem is improper media…..

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Are you using CBR or VBR? and what DVD player are you playng back on?

3. dmitry

dmitry Member

Both, the constant gave better consistency and with the slowest motion detection and softened block noise on Temgenc removed vertuall all the blockyness in the vid itself, the dvd is the prograsive scan version of the panasonic DVD-RV32S, i think its DVD-RP56, i dono if this'll help but thanks for your attention so far

Last edited: Oct 14, 2002
  4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

5. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

jnihil is right, as with most panasonic DVD players, this one does not seem to playback SVCD, and if it supports CD-R media, consider yourself lucky, most Panasonic players only support CD-RW media! Anyhow, you can check out what people have to say about it here: http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=DVD-RP56&DVDselect=&Submit=Search&Search=Search

There is hope though! I have had luck doing this myself on my girlfriends mother's Panasonic DVD player.. other people with Panasonic's have also told me this has worked for them:

http://www.geocities.com/newestmoviesencode/dvdvcd

I hope it works for you too!