1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD±RW Drive showing up as a DVD-RAM drive

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jrzee, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jrzee

jrzee Member

Though I've browsed afterdawn, this is my first post and I was wondering if anyone had seen this before. I am not sure as to what it was but my DVD±RW drive shows up now as a "TSSTcorp CD/DVDW H562L." Now I'm assuming the W mean write, but in My Computer, its showing up as a DVD-RAM drive with no CD/DVD burning capabilities. I did a system restore to a point where it hadn't been like this and there was no change. I attempted to find drivers for it and nothing showed up. I'd hate to do a system repair on it, and my next thought would be to unplug the device, start up my computer, shut down, and plug it back in to see if it will detect as new hardware. The only other thing I could think of is a registry problem for it, but I don't really want to do a regedit without a full step-by-step on it. Any ideas and help would be much appriciated.

2. onya

onya Guest

Why this drive is showing up as a RAM DRIVE is a mystery to me. If you have Win XP, then un-insatall the drive completely. Run a REGISTRY cleaner such as Crapcleaner. Freeware! Run this app in ISSUE's mode and the do a restart after you've un-installed the drives drivers... :p

When a restart occurs, there should be the chance to install a driver for the devise. Follow the prompts and then there may have to be another re-start to execute.

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Don't worry about it mine does the same thing and works fine.

-Del