1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-10 to DVD-5 using DVD Shrink 3 beta 5

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Tanksta, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Tanksta

Tanksta Regular member

Does anyone know how to put a DVD-10 (flipper disc) on to a DVD-5 (single layer, single sided disc) including all the extra features and menus using only DVD Shrink.

Thanks in advance

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Tanksta, Is there something special about this flipper disc? The ones I have run into usually have Wide screen on one side and Full screen on the other. Or movie on one side and extras on the other. To keep all extras and menu working with shrink, you CAN NOT re-author. Menu will become inactive and just play as a video clip. I use Clonedvd and Anydvd when I want to reauthor and keep menu working right. You can download the trail versions for 30 days. You can try adjusting the compression ratios in shrink so that the movie gets the best and extras and menu gets more compression. Compression may still be high, but burn to a RW disc as a test and see what it looks like. Just don't click re-author. Each side will have to be on its on disc.
    Jerry

Last edited: Dec 29, 2003
  3. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Some 2 sidded Dvd's have the other half of the movie on the other side. It is really weird. I have Goodfellas on dvd and I was watching it then it just stopped. I then noticed that it was a double sidded dvd and I played it on its other side and the rest of the movie played. I don't know why they made it double sidded. The disc has only about 3.5 GB on each side. They could of fit it on 1 side. As for the guide to make a double sidded dvd onto 1 disc go here.... http://dvdshrink.info/re-author-v3beta5-advanced.php
    I hope this has something to do with the thread..