1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD 2 problem in Panasonic DMR-E50

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by bcnman, May 2, 2004.

1. bcnman

bcnman Guest

Hi,
    I was playing around with the remote control on the E-50 DVD recorder, and I changed from DVD 1 to DVD 2 in the settings menu. My problem: I can't change it back to DVD 1. Every time I press return (or any other button on the RC), I just get the message on the unit display: "REMOTE DVD 2". Is there some way to return to factory settings or return to DVD 1? Thank you.

2. bcnman

bcnman Guest

ok..I finally cracked it...

3. jonnyinnz

jonnyinnz Member

hey hows it listen i did the same thing and i was just wondering how you cracked it please.

4. DVD-Dup

DVD-Dup Member

To correct this problem you will have to configure the remote to send signals to the DVD RECORDER AS REMOTE 2, just hold the enter button in the centre of the remote along with the number 2 for 5 seconds.

this now makes the remote send as DVD 2

if you have changed the remote to either 1 2 or 3
    hit enter and the corresponding number that shows on the DVD RECORDERS UNIT DISPLAY -
    eg: led displays "REMOTE DVD (1,2 or 3)
    hit "ENTER" key at same time with what number you changed it too (1,2 or 3)

OKAY THATS IT.

PS also another tip is if the unit comes with a scart connection at the back, buy a Scart cable for it about $20 at local radio shack, video and sound using this scart is exempt from macrovision.
    Some models around the world have it at the rear of the DVD RECORDER. im in AUSTRALIA and it did.
    mind you, any scart connection is exempt from macrovision.
    at the local radio shack

5. MarkGil

MarkGil Member

What is a "Scart" cable???