1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD 2 Web Site help?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by dvd2web, Feb 25, 2005.

1. dvd2web

dvd2web Member

Hi All!, (Did search, nothing came up)

Does anyone know how to take a (DVD-.VOB) presentation and prepare it for viewing on a web site? I don't have copyrights to edit video. I simply want people to be able to view it with whatever player they use (Windows Media, QuickTime etc)from a web site. Thanks in advance for any help with this subject!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

The basic drill would be to convert the DVD into .mpg or .avi and then convert that to your chosen format, .wmv for example.
    There are lots of DVD to .mpg converters available, Google for one.

You can then load the .mpg into Windows Movie Maker and just set the output to create the .wmv files.

You can upload that via ftp to your website directory. Make sure your page has the link to the file installed.

I have an .asf movie at my website, the link looks like this:
    <a href="demo.asf">Fast Ride!</a>

In the case of this movie and on my PC, clicking the link will open Windows Media Player and play the movie, once it downloads.

Bear in mind that even with broadband a DVD is still a huge file. Many download sites split the movie into different files so the download time is a more reasonable.

Also there is no reason you couldn't embed a media player into your site using the <object> tag.