1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd 2x ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bigdave76, May 4, 2005.

1. bigdave76

bigdave76 Member

hi can you burn a dvd hat is 2x 2.4 or will it freeze up in spots or have anykind of problems thanks

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

if you can manage to burn it at 2.4x, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "2x DVD." Do you mean a 2x DVD-R or DVD+R? If I'm not mistaken, 2.4x is for + formats.

Some DVDR media is 4x but can be burned at 6x or 8x. Same with 8x media burned at 12x. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Also, 2.4x compared to 2x is like only a minute or 2 difference, so in my opinion it's really not worth even trying.

3. bigdave76

bigdave76 Member

sorry i mean the burn speed on a dvd is 2x its a -r sorry didnt give ya much info i was just wondering if ya can burn it 2.4 thanks

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Even though some programs allow you to enter in a burn speed, you can actually just consider it a "request". The burn speed is actually set by the burner and it's firmware, initiated by the burning software that you are using. The burner will do a series of power checks at the start of the burn to set the correct laser power and drive speed. These checks are also performed during the course of the burn so the burn speed sometimes varies during the process.

5. bigdave76

bigdave76 Member

thanks for the info thats all i needed to know