1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD 43 / patin cofer won't work properly

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by michigan, Jun 11, 2004.

1. michigan

michigan Guest

I thought I would try a new setup and use DVD 43. Heres the problem: I install DVD 43 and patin cofer, then install them, restart my computer and it will not reboot. It gets to the Windows screen and the little green bar at the bottom moes about two click then stops 2 more clicks then stops, I let it do that for two hours before I finally hit the power button. When it came back up I started with the "Last known good settings" and everything works fine, except no DVD 43 / patin cofer. I've done this 4 times same results each time. Any suggestions. Thanks

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Have you tried installing the new standalone DVD43 that doesn't require Patin Couffin? I've got it and it works fine. I can look up the site if you need it. Found ithttp://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd43.cfm good luck
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  3. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

I tried DVD43 it would'nt work for me. I used Recode 2 after intaliing and rebooting and had a smiley face and all but no go.

thought it might be the type of encryption but I tried a second disk and no go.

Any thoughts?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Which version did you use? Did you need the P.C. driver? I do know it will not work on all movies, that's why I also have Anydvd, same premise but costs 39.00. Anydvd has a success rate of about 90% while dvd43 is at about 70%. So far, between the 2, I've yet to come across a movie that didn't work. Oh, I just saw where you did get the smiley face, that should be a go. What message did you get when you opened recode? If you didn't get the standalone version I would uninstall and install it(the address is above you in the previous reply). I have heard of the Patin Couffin causing problems.

5. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Ya thats what I used it was DVD43 2.0.0.71. I did A little reading could it be McAfee getting in the way. The meggage I got when I tried to rip was the same one I would get without using it.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

MMMMM, don't know. I've got McAfee and have never experienced any problems with it getting in the way. What do you have your security settings on? Of course the next step would be to disable it if you think that's the problem. I'm gonna dig a little deeper. Get back at ya later. PS-You could try a trial version of DVD Region Free or Anydvd, if it's McAfee it would hinder them also.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  7. michigan

michigan Guest

I'll try the new one and let you know.