1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD 9.4Gb Issue

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DickBone, Jul 2, 2002.

1. DickBone

DickBone Member

Hello everybody a newbie here (be gentle). I'll get right to the point. Everyone's talking about High Density 9.4Gb DVDr's because they want to backup their movies to DVDR media using only one disc like the original. In fact you don't need a high density disc 'cause the original disk isn't a high density disc. What you DO need is a DVDR disc with dual layer. A normal movie DVD consists of 2 layers (when watching movies on DVD you can "see" the player switching between layers as the transition of the frames seems a bit odd or longer). So what we need is a dual layer (re)writable DVD. If such a disc would excist, we would not have to struggle with splitting DVD's. I think you would also need a new burner which is capable of writing the second layer. This would be a better alternative and solve al lot of the problems. I haven't tried DVD burning myself, because it's very expensive and I am Dutch (=cheap) and would like te make SOME profit out of my future DVD writer. Well i'm getting pretty tired of my own blabbering by now (probably 'cause it's 3:50 AM here in the Netherlands), so if you feel i'm wrong, this is old news or if you have anything to add please post a reply.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member