1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-9 Availables!??

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ferdna, Aug 12, 2003.

1. ferdna

ferdna Member

Hi I own a Sony DRU-500A and i would like to know if I can burn DVD-9 media. If yes where do I buy the DVD-9 media!??... or in case that my burner can't burn this type of media where can I get cheap DVD-5!??

thanx a lot!

2. jonnydoe.

jonnydoe. Member

No DVD9 recordables are available at the moment and probably not for some time.

Try

www.bigpockets.co.uk
    www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

for dvd-r's

Go for ritek G03 or G04

Then use dvd shrink to fit dvd9 onto one disc, you might need to strip out extras and audio commentaries etc.. and even then may require compression.. (but you wont notice a loss in quality on a tv)

Cheers

Steve

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Just to clarify what Steve said, the DVD9 recordables are available, just very expesive. Something like $1000 for the burner and $15 for the media.

So, in essance, they really aren't available.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im not sure you can actually 'burn' DVD-9 discs. Instead i think you need to buy a pressing machine for pressing the data on to the disc. Each impression made costs thousands of $'s and is only viable for large movie companies producing a lot of DVD's