1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-9 backups and modchips

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by RoJeX, Mar 19, 2007.

1. RoJeX

RoJeX Member

I've decided to install a modchip into my PS2 and I have the following options:

- Matrix Infinity
    - H20
    - DMS4 I.Z.I. pro
    - Mars

The price of each differs, the highest being DMS4. I want the modchip to have the following features:

- Playing DVD-9 backups/imports. This one is absolutely imperative, this is what I'm really looking for.
    - Playing DVD-5 backups/imports
    - Playing PS1 games (originals/imports/backups)
    - Optional: Stealth mode, if I ever spring for an ethernet adapter and want to play SSX3 or MGS3:S online, but I don't see that happening soon.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. RoJeX

RoJeX Member

Uh, anyone? I'd really like to buy that modchip as soon as humanly possible.

3. mattym123

mattym123 Regular member

4. RoJeX

RoJeX Member

Actually, I've been oogling Matrix Infinity myself, because I prefer using the controller to switch between modes during bootup, as opposed to pressing/holding/tapping the power button. However, I find the feature description "Supports All DVD-9 Games" a bit dubious. Does that mean it can boot originals only or backups and imports too? Because that's what I'm really going for.