1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-9 DVD-5 backups

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ADobert1, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ADobert1

ADobert1 Member

I've had about 5 successful backups with 1 Click DVD Copy/DVD43Free/AnyDVD before the "dvd is encrypted" error message shows up and it hasnt worked again since. Are there any other programs that make DVD-9 to DVD-5 backups without any or un-noticeable quality loss?

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

clonedvd2 used in conjunction with anydvd is a good burning machine but costs around $59.00 USD for the package. If you want to go the cheap way dvdshrink and dvd decrypter are very good also. If you want my opinion dvdshrink is very slow at compressing but clonedvd is quite fast. I have tried the trial version of 1click dvd copy and the movie seemed to work quite well but this program lacks options. Probably a good piece of software for a newbie.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

use dvd decryptor to rip it! if it fails use anydvd running in the background that should sort it! and shrink with dvd shrink

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  4. ADobert1

ADobert1 Member

Thanks, i played around with DVD Shrink, and i got that to work pretty well, thanks

5. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

Hey I ripped a DVD onto my harddrive not realizing it was dual-layer until I tried to burn it again with DVD Decrypter. I don't have a dual-layer burner, but my friend does. If I install dvd decrypter on their computer and transfer the iso file there aswell will dvd decrypter burn it properly? or does dvd decrypter only burn single layer dvd's? I've seen many posts saying "You can't back up dvd9's, give it up" etc, does that only apply to games or movies too?

Thanks for any info.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

[bold]DVD-9 -> DVD+R DL, Double layer to Double layer! (1:1)[/bold]

Remove all discs from drives.

Open DVD Decrypter.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Read'.

Put DVD-9 disc in drive.

Take note of the 'Destination' file name.

Click the big 'Decrypt' button.

Take the DVD-9 disc out of the drive.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Write'.

Put a blank double layer disc in your DVD Writer.

Click the little folder icon - 'Browse for source file' - and select the MDS file created for you as part of the steps above.

Click the big 'Write' button.

Finished!

.MDS FILE KNOWS THE LAYER BREAK INFO !!!!!