1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-9 PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SuPerWu, Nov 14, 2003.

1. SuPerWu

SuPerWu Guest

Can DVD-9 PS2 game be shrink with the DVD-Shrink? and will it work on the mod PS2?

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you do know what your asking for do you?... lol dvdshrink was made for DVD-VIDEO ONLY... you dont see vob and ifo files in the ps2 games now do you? lol...

you cant shrink the dvd9 apart from movies but no ps2 games... relax anyway today ONLY 4 games came as dvd9... so you go nothing to worry about apart from xenosaga... now thats a one hell of a big ass dvd over 8 gigs.. i mean WOW!!...

in other words it's IMPOSIBLE..

3. grechy

grechy Guest

I knew someone who managed to rip Metal Gear Substance. But really it's not worth the effort. And as Cyprien stated it would be impossible to backup Xenosaga..8 gig..whoah!

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

actualy it's VERY easy to make a 2 dvd-r rip out of MGS2 substance.... all you do is split the game on 2 dvd-rs... one holding the game and the other holding the VR missions about 3 to 2 gigs per dvd since MGS2 is about 6 gigs only..... i try to rip xenosaga and i DID rip it but sadly it's on 3 dvd-rs... with swap points.... you can always downsample the movies and fit it into only 1 dvd-r.... but as i said it's not worth it why bother.. just buy the game if you like it so much ^_^

5. SuPerWu

SuPerWu Guest

Thanks for the info. I did brought the xenosaga game, but was just wondering if they could be done, but as you said, it's not a movie. So, could you point me into the direction on how to rip them into multi-discs?

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i think telling how to rip this kind of games goes against the rules....

besides you can find rip kits all over the net for dvd-rips... as for making 3 dvd-r out of xeonosaga is too much info... try using some tools that you can find at megagames for downsample the movies... that should fit the game on 1 dvd-r.... the main idea with xenosaga is movies just like FFX full of movies... but xenosaga IS like one big ass movie.... the main problem is movies in the game... downsample the movies remove the dvd scheme... then burn it on dvd-r... use a chip for booting and you done game works ^_^ and all on 1 dvd-r.... remmeber this might take a while... im not going to tell you how tho... that you do by yourself ^_^... ok... i dont want to get banned by telling people how to rip dvds now... lol that craking/hacking/warez so i dont go there hope you understand...