1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-9 to DVD-5 so so close to success --READ ME (same as other post)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jacob019, Sep 7, 2002.

1. jacob019

jacob019 Member

I'm working on a DVD-9 to DVD-5 rip. When a video is ripped and extras are left out, streams stripped etc. the video_ts.ifo file has lots of invalid junk, even if you use IfoEdit correctly. I wanted to make myself a new video_ts. The original one needs VTS_05_0.IFO and the associated VOB which now does nothing but point to VTS_01_0.IFO. So I had IfoEdit "create new VIDEO_TS.IFO & VTS_01_0.IFO." Then I replaced the new VTS_01_0.IFO with the original one to retain the menu. It worked, but when the movie plays it goes straight to the movie. If I press the menu button then the menu comes up. I need help getting the menu to come up when the movie first starts. I would really appreciate some help. I can't find the setting in VIDEO_TS using IfoEdit. I'd like to write a new guide for DVD-9 to DVD-5 and maybe eventually a one step program or script. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
    Jacob

2. Joost_B

Joost_B Member

You should check the First play PGC in de video_ts.ifo, with ifoedit you will find it in the upper display window when you click on the VMGM_MAT entry of your video_ts ifo. if you scroll down to the commands (pre/post commands), there will be a 'jump to title 1' command, change that in a jumpt to menu of title 1' command with ifoedit.
    let me know if that worked (it did for me)

3. jacob019

jacob019 Member

Well, I feel stupid. The functionality I was looking for is built in. All you have to do is right click. It works. Thank you Joost_B.

---Original Post---

I'm trying to change the value but nothing is working. This is what I have uncovered as to the nature of the hex values

30 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 - (JumpSS FP) Jump to First_Play domain PGC

30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 - (JumpTT) Jump to Title:1 (this works, but I want the menu)

30 06 00 01 00 c0 00 00 - (JumpSS VMGM) Jump to VMG PGC: 1 (this should work?)

30 08 00 02 01 c0 00 00 - CallSS VMGM PGC:2 [resume cell 1]

oh wait, I JUST GOT IT!!!

30 06 00 01 01 a3 00 00 - (JumpSS VTSM) Jump to TitleSet(vts): 1, Title(ttn): 1, root-menu

now I'm not sure if this is truely correct, I got it just by playing around, maybe it just works in IfoEdits built in player. I'll soon see.

These sites may be usefull:
    http://mpucoder.dynodns.net/dvd/
    http://members.aol.com/mpucoder/DVD/ (mirror)
    look at the part on Virtual Machine coding. I can't quite figure out how their numbers relate to the hex value.

I just noticed that 30 06 00 01 01 b3 00 00 works too. How could that be?

Thanks,
    -Jacob

Last edited: Sep 8, 2002