1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd 9s

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by maddogg, Jun 6, 2004.

1. maddogg

maddogg Member

i read somewhere on this site(a long time back) that there was a way to burn dvd 5's and dvd 9's(or sometimes called dual layer dvd) is there a way i can burn a dual layer dvd in my dvd burner? the sound and quailty in tmpeg is getting worse and i have tried just about everything said in this forum. i think the problem is the movies coming out of cam corders is to compressed or tmpeg is trying to compress the movie to much to fit on a 4.7gb dvd. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

unless you have certain burners (there are a few, but i don't know them) whose firmware can be altered, you have to buy a dual-layer dvd burner to burn on the new discs. the burners are her, but at the moment, i think the media is only out in japan. when the media gets here it will be about 10 to 15 dollars per disc. also, the stuff is only in +r format for now, so it ain't so great. you'd be better off burning to two discs or more for a while, then trying your luck in late july or august, i think.