1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-A audio questions

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Yulyo, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Yulyo

Yulyo Member

First of all, i want you to excuse my english. I'm a 26 years old guy from Romania.
    Second of all. Why am i writing to you.
    I have a few questions. I will be fast, so you don't have to spend your time with me.
    1. I have almost 400 audio cds. But some of them are starting to get old. I think that in about 1, 2years i will throw them. A few weeks ago i buyed myself a dvdrw Asus. And now i'm thinking to burn all my audio cds on dvd. But the real question is: IF i will load all my audio tracks into Adobe Audition (ex Cool Edit pro) press copy, then new file. And set the new file's standards @ 32 bit and 192000, and the resulting track ( 24 bit @192.000) burn on a dvd-a, it would be ok? I did that. The 37mb 16 bit 44.1 wav become in a few seconds a 250 mb track @ 24 bit 192.
    Is this a smart thing to do? Or am i just waisting time? I would be fine by me to burt ..20 pcm on a dvd-a and having a great quality. I have listen to the differences between 16bit 44.1 and 24 bit 192. The last one sounds better in my opinion. Ok, is 10 times bigger. But it sounds better. I do't want to use a 5.1 or better sound system. I want to have my music sound great. I will listen yto this dvd-a in a few years when i will have a dvd-a player
    So, shortly. If i do what i say before, can i burn dvd-a on my dvdrw? And if Yes, what program should i use? I don't want to play the dvd -a on my pc. I understood that it is impossible. I have a Creative Audigy1 and i use headphones. can i play on my pc dvd-a? With what player.
    I'm begin you to tell me some informations, i don't want to do some big mistakes.
    I hope you understood my ..."english".
    Thanx very much.
    have a nice day

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Just convert them to mp3 using Exact Audio Copy.

3. Yulyo

Yulyo Member

i am using eac and lame.
    but i don't want to convert them. i want to have a dvd with .wav
    so, my problem is not to convert them into mp3 or mpc or whatever, but to put them on the dvd with them original qUality, OR BETTER (24bit 192khz, or 24 bit 96khz)
    thanx for the answer anyway:)
    i'm still waiting