1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD All in One

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cburns, Feb 6, 2003.

1. cburns

cburns Guest

Is there a DVD ripping process that utilizes one piece of software as opposed to the 3 or 4

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations, you are the winner of our new

"MOST STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY"

prize. We will send you a new brain shortly. In the meantime, click the DVDxCOPY link that usually hangs around on this page.

Paul.

3. cburns

cburns Guest

I think You misunderstood my question. I don't want to just rip a vob file to my hard drive. Maybe I am wording it wrong. I would like a one stop shop for taking DVD to AVI with all sound in good quality. I am currently writing a brwserbased menu system to go on a 120' Yacht being built in turkey and I need to provide and idiot proof way to get the DVD converted to AVI in a directory on my server.

4. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

There is a piece of software called DVD2AVI

Judging by your second post, you are a technical guy, so you should be able to figure it out.

It's like Ronseal, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Download it here : http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd2avi.cfm

You will still need to rip the video first if it is a copy protected source, DVD2AVI will not help you with this.

Paul.

PS, make sure those guys put in that extra staff bunk bed I ordered, I need space for my chef on board as well ;-)

PPS, the question (you must admit) was not well phrased. Anyway, np, forgiven. On any normal day I would have probably ignored it, but I'm afraid today has been no normal day. Newbie heaven it has been ;-)

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

To answer more accurately, there are several one-stop tools, but they aren't too good in quality, with an exception of DVD2SVCD, but it is probably even more complicated to figure out at first than average 4-tool-combo. But look at our article page to get the idea of various good-and-proven methods for making various formats out of DVDs.