1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD architect mpeg 2 size issues

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by 2bit, Jul 12, 2007.

1. 2bit

2bit Member

Hi all - hope this is the right forum.

I'm trying to create a DVD (single layer) of one long 3 1/2 hr movie I've made.

I've created a mpeg 2 file in Sony Vegas 5.0, used a bitrate calculator to work out the correct bit rate & I have created a mpeg2 file which is 4.3G. (It doesn't look that grand but I'm not too bothered about quality - I just want it all on 1 disc).

Perfect, I thought, to be able to drop in to Sonys DVD architect 3.0 & author away, BUT when I input the media it states that the DVD is 12 GB big & needs to be recompressed. Recompression is just gonna make it look even worse (& take longer).

Any ideas whats going on? I'd assumed that it would take the 4.3g mpeg2 & create the DVD. I dont understand why DVD architect needs to recompress it when the mpeg2 file is 4.3G & no where near the 12g it states it is...........

I've burnt & authored umpteen DVDs using Vegas & Architect with no problems in the past but admittedly no movie this long. Something to do with architect not liking the bitrate maybe?

Thanks in advance

2. snicks101

snicks101 Guest

I have the same issue! I rendered my project in the main-concept MPEG2 format and it takes up about 2GB. When I drop it into DVD architect, it says 8GB! I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with it, and it's starting to frustrate me.

Are you using the full version of DVD Architect or DVD Architect Studio?