1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Audio background much louder than speech...

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Tabion, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Tabion

Tabion Member

Hiya all!

I have a problem in that I just recently got myself dvdSanta to create some great video backups to be used on my old DVD player which doesn't support avi files normally. I've burned one particularly old series and it works just fine. I then burned a rather new series and while I can still watch it, the background music is incredibly louder than the speech, which complicates things quite a bit.

I searched around a bit and found that the issue may arise from a problem with the AC3 codec which I may need to fine tune for every individual file I want to watch on DVD on my TV. Well.... that kinda sucks but what can you do, hu? The thing is, I have this problem with commercial, ie not burned, DVDs too. I constantly have to be ready with the remote when some big action scene starts up because otherwise, the sound just gets insanely loud and my neighbors don't really dig that.

So I'm left wondering... Could the problem be caused by my old DVD player? It's a 5 or 6 years old JVC XV-N322. I can't be expected to rip every commercial movie I want to watch, play around with its AC3 codec and then burn it just to watch the movie, right?

On a side note, the newer series I mentioned earlier has AAA audio when viewed on my PC, suggesting that the file's original AC3 codec is fine and that the problem arises from one of the in-between steps.

Thanks for your help and sorry if this isn't the proper forum for this question!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Maybe easier to take the 'problem' disks to a friends setup and see if the problem follows the disks.