1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by reginatto, Nov 2, 2003.

1. reginatto

reginatto Member

Hello,

A couple of days ago, I started having a problem while playing DVDs in my PC and I can't figure out the solution.

Every DVD I play (doesn't matter if original or recorded) produces a really bad audio. Something like a bad speaker when playing in a loud volume. When the volume goes loud, the distortion gets even greater. I immediately thought it was my speakers, my I plugged in my headphones and the problem continues. I tryed playing some mp3 or some music cds and there is no problem. It only happens to the audio of DVD titles. I tryed using RealPlayer and WinDVD. By the drive's led behavior, it seems that the weird sounds appear every time the drive accesses the disc. I looked up for some configuration on buffered reading or playing speed (who knows?), but couldn't find that neither in Windows nor in DVD players.

Does anyone has any clue? Is it possible that my drive has a problem?

My PC config:
    Pentium IV 2ghz 512Mb (notebook)
    WinXP Home
    Toshiba DVD+CDR SD-R2212

Thanks in advance,
    JP.

2. BanonX

BanonX Guest

I had EXACTLY the same problem you described.. Video is fine and so is Audio for about a minute and then it gets all garbled and distorted.. And I also see my HD light going crazy. I ran a defrag analysis and found out that it was about 90% fragmented and not fixable so I'm going to format and reinstall (after I finish backing up..). I'm hoping the problem is because my HD is all screwed up. Have you been able to solve your problem?

3. reginatto

reginatto Member

No, I couldn't solve it yet. I thought the problem could be related to some HD activity too, but I tried playing my DVDs with almost no other process running and it didn't work out.

4. BanonX

BanonX Guest

I still think it has something to do with my horribly fragmented drive.. I'm going to still reformat this weekend and I'm also going to test out a DVD Decoder board that a friend is lending me to see if that makes a difference.