1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Audio

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by zafonica, Mar 12, 2003.

1. zafonica

zafonica Member

Apologies if this the wrong forum but does anyone know if it is possible to put a number of albums on a DVD with a menu for selecting albums and uor tracks. I know I can burn a CD full of MP3's and play these on my DVD but I would like to have a DVD of Albums with a menu structure for easy selection of an album.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

David

2. zafonica

zafonica Member

Now I am replying to my own message - how sad is that !!!! If nothing else it gets it back to the front page for a second try

Anybody ?

David

3. commwiz

commwiz Guest

Could be no answers because it's mostly video here. I know that there are several formats coming up for multi-channel audio including SACM and DVD-audio. But I'm also interested in pulling the audio from some DVD's such as Yellow Submarine which is largely audio and 6 channel.

4. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

What you want to do is what I believe to be called authoring a DVD. If you want to create a DVD from scratch these guides may help or may deter you, depends on how serious you are about doing it. One thing to note though is that like you said, you can create audio CD's. From there it's pretty easy to create playlists, sorted on information you put in the MP3's ID3 tags such as the album or artist. Save the playlists to the CD and you can select the albums by their playlist. A whole lot easier and cheaper that way I'd think.

5. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

6. zafonica

zafonica Member

Thanks all for replying - I think I will check out the DVD Authoring Guides and see how I get on - starting with the basic ones obviously !!

Thanks again

David