1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd author won't except .mpv at 23.976 fps?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dev1nsan, Dec 30, 2004.

1. dev1nsan

dev1nsan Member

I am trying to use TMPGEnc DVD Author, but when I try to put in my .mpv file it says that the file is 23.976 frames per second and that it cannot use it.
    I have a feeling I did something wrong when I converted from avi to mpeg2 using DVD2SVCD with CCE SP encoder. The .mpv file plays fine Videolan player except theres no sound because I have a seperate .ac3 file for that.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

FPS has no meaning for loading a movie. It's just a standard for the DVD players (25 = PAL; 23.976 = NTSC).
    I never used TMPGenc DVD author (I hate burning DVDs, it's a loss of time since the quelity is driven by the input file which is much worse than a DVD).
    The AC3 must be converted to MP2 using BeSweet and BeSweet GUI choosing as 'profile' "MP2 for SVCD".
    What else do you need to do to make a VCD with your movie (you'll notice that VCD quelity is not worse that of the other SVCD you have)?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004