1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD authoring error with MPEG1 PAL video

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by vijikr, Jul 9, 2007.

1. vijikr

vijikr Member

I have a few personal movies on VCD in PAL standard. I wanted to convert them to DVD for my convenience. I used certain guides on internet & worked on it. As a test, I extracted mpeg from VCD with ISOBUSTER & demultiplexed with TMPGENC into seperate video & audio streams. I converted audio to 48KHZ, 224kb/s with besweet. Till here everything worked fine.

Then I tried to author a simple DVD (without any menus , titles, chapters etc as a trial basis) with GuiForDVDauthor.I used the above demultiplexed video & sample rate converted audio & created a DVD folder. During this process, there was a log file running in the foreground . I fould certain messages which made me a little uneasy. There are two messages indicating that something is wrong. I have given the messages below.

WARN: unknown mpeg1 aspect ratio 13
    STAT: VOBU 2720 at 269MB, 1 PGCS

This message appeared a few hundred times,then the following appeared:

STAT: fixing VOBU at 1MB (17/4008, 0%)
    STAT: fixing VOBU at 3MB (33/4008, 0%)
    STAT: fixing VOBU at 4MB (49/4008, 1%)
    this message kept on coming till the end of the video size (328MB)

Then finally "finished" message appeared. I played the resulting VOB file in media player as well as Power DVD & I found it to be playing fine.
    I need to know why these messages appear. In the GFD, i had selected PAL as my standard. Still why this aspect ratio error is coming up? How to get rid of these errors?
    Thanks
    Vijay

2. attar

attar Senior member

Less steps and faster with no difference in quality from TMPGenc.

Explore/open the VCD folder MPEGAV and drag the AVSEQ01.DAT file to the desktop.
    Add .mpg to the end and load it into this program.
    It will output a standard DVD folder (no menu) which can be burned with Nero or IMGBurn.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, WMV,MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)