1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Authoring Problem?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by whutitdew, Apr 11, 2005.

1. whutitdew

whutitdew Member

I have an avi file Id like to burn. I can view the avi file on the pc fine. I wanted to put to dvd, so I used Win AVI to convert it to mpg2. Once that was done, I tried playing it again on the pc to see if it worked. And all was good. I then used TMPGEnc DVD Author so I can make the dvd files needed to burn to a dvd. When that was done I used CloneDVD to burn to disc. The problem is that the audio is off sync with the movie. Could this be a problem with the dvd authoring process? I have tried converting this file 3 times and using TMPGEnc DVD Author to make the files. Each time the audio is off with the movie. Could somebody please help me. I have burned other movie I had and they work fine. Now Ive had this problem for 2 days now. Is there any special plug-in I need, or codecs needed to burn this avi to dvd? Or any other DVD Authoring software I can try that has the speed of TMPGEnc?

Software Im using:

WinAVI
    TMPGEnc DVD Author
    CloneDVD

DVD Burner:

Lite On SOHW-1633S 16X DVD +/- R +/-RW Drive

[bold]Im very new to dvd burning. Any help I would appreciate.[/bold]

2. bjj

bjj Member

i started off using tmpeng enc but soon got fed up,the easiest fool proof way is d/load vso div x-dvd its free i have tried just about everything on the market and this is quick reliable and very user friendly it does all mpeg 4 formats divx xvid quick time avi and more once it has been converted then burn in the usual way drag and drop all files into the video ts folder on your burning software and haypresto LOLif you need any more help brett3007@yahoo.com i have alot of dvd software i can tell you were to get it for free(key gen or cracked)bye bye hope this helped.

3. whutitdew

whutitdew Member

Thanks for that help. I 'll try that. And I'll get with you.

4. bjj

bjj Member

keep my address if you need anything just call.

5. whutitdew

whutitdew Member

thanks. I found that software you mentioned, Its converting now. Just gotta wait and see what I happens from here. Hopefully it works this time. I been wasting dvd's all weekend trying to fix this problem. I did notice on DivX to DVD converter's Operation Log, it had said something about:

the input frame rate 2997/125 doesnt match the output frame rate (29.97Fps). Rate compensation will be used.

I wasnt sure what that meant. I didnt mess with any of the setting. I left the Aspect and Standard on Automatic.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  6. bjj

bjj Member

leave all at automatic it will be fine and rate compensation just means that the pc has to do more number crunching if the film is in wide screen and it comes out looking funny just do it again with the aspect ratio changed and if you are from the uk like me you will need pal selected but it will do that auto. bye bye.

7. whutitdew

whutitdew Member

Hopefully it doesnt do PAL. Cause I need NTSC. For the US. Another thing, will I be able to add a menu to this at all with some other software? Im getting a little ahead, but just trying to be prepared. I also read on here just now, that with DivX to DVD Converter, I will need to create my own video and audio ts files, is this true?

8. bjj

bjj Member

all you have to do after divx-dvd is finished is select all the files it produces and drop them into the video-ts folder in your burning software and it does ntsc as well i use nero express but they are all similar open software select burn dvd and drag+drop them in then click burn its that easy its the most user friendly and begginer friendly i have ever come across

9. whutitdew

whutitdew Member

koo. I'll see when its done.

10. whutitdew

whutitdew Member

I got it converted using the VSO program. This program takes a while to convert. It is alot slower than WinAVI. But it did solve the audio problem I was having. How can I add a menu like I use to with TMPGEnc?

11. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Reauthor it in something like tmpgenc dvd author or dvdlab.

12. ricardoe

ricardoe Guest

I have a similar audio problem. I convert an avi file to mpeg-2 using TMPGEnc DVD plus. After that I get two files. 1st a video in mpeg format and 2nd an audio file in windows audio format. Then I convert both files to DVD format using TMPGEnc DVD Author and get an empty AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder. When I burn the cd using DVD Copy software I get the video without audio :( I try playing it with power DVD from the VIDIO_TS folder and the problem persist. :( Why? What I do wrong?